Thursday, March 15, 2012

Animation Presentation for the Kids

A friend was scheduled to give an animation show and tell for a few spring break kids, on March 15. But he was not here, so I ended up covering for him.

I got a few hours to prepare, and I wanted to stick with the principles of Connection, Info, and Share.

  • When the kids came in there were about 40 of them, ages around 10.
  • I had them all focused on me when I introduced myself standing up.
  • Animation is the funnest job here.
  • What does an animator do?
  • Example of Tissue Box.
  • What I do at Bioware
  • Showed them a combat anim (before and after edits)
  • Showed them a few renders and explain to them how it gets in the game.
  • Run around in game and fight.
  • Asked for a volunteer for a new combat ability
  • Good vs Bad
  • Nice, got them involved with reference. And shared many laughs.
  • Ended it with, and thank you and enjoy the rest of your tour.
I think I Aced it.... And I wasn't Nervous at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment