Thursday, January 14, 2010

I work for EA

 I got the opportunity to put my name out there, through the EA website. They interviewed me and posted my picture on their website.

https://jobs.ea.com/success_stories/usa/Francisco/

What is your educational background?
When I was a kid, my favorite hobbies were drawing cartoons, playing Video Games, and coming up with great adventures with my G.I.Joe toys. It wasn’t until High school I realized I wanted to make a career out of my 3 hobbies. Thanks to my parents, they made it possible for me to attend Art Institute of Houston, where I graduated with an Associates of Applied Science in 3D Animation.
What do you do at EA? And what are your main responsibilities?
I am a Senior Animator working on Bioware’s Star Wars the Old Republic. Mainly I focus on creating highly innovative combat animations for our player characters. I also play a major role in researching new game play ideas for our MMO.
What do you love about your job?
My Job brings a lot of excitement to my life. I am always looking forward to being creative and to work with talented people in the gaming industry. Best of all, it’s very rewarding to see something you did come to life.
Why did you choose to work in gaming?
At first, I wanted to work on 3D animated movies. But after graduating college, I took great interest in working on next gen games. I realized the gaming industry is on set path of reaching CGI movie standards, and I want to be part of that growing evolution.
Why did you Join EA?
EA Bioware has a reputation for delivering excellent story telling in their RPG games. They are consistently setting the bar for game play and cinematics. I wanted to work for a company that takes great pride in what they do to please their fans.
Describe life at EA?
EA has definitely opened new doors and gave me the opportunity to work on great games. I am constantly learning new things and accomplishing challenging tasks. I do have my good days and bad days, but over all it’s been satisfying to develop on what first starts as an idea into a game that I enjoy playing.
What are your future career ambitions?
My career ambitions would be to shine in the company, with hard work and having a great personality. I want to have a perfect balance between my work life and personal life. So if your reading this, my nick name is Kiko, I am a game developer during the day and a ninja by night.
What are your favorite games and entertainment?
I can’t stop playing Team Fortress 2. I enjoy Holding a Wrench, Hitting Baseballs, Juggling Grenades, Eating Sandwiches, Speaking Scottish, Ninja Vanishing, playing Ax Band, being Uber Cool, and of course Boom Headshots

No comments:

Post a Comment